The Trade Pattern watch takes its name from the standard design for British army pocket watches produced during World War II. Indices are heavily filled with yolk-coloured paint, and a full railroad minute track allows for precise timekeeping. Note the unpainted dashes corresponding to the painted numbers at 3,9, and 12, and the wholly unpainted markers at 6, which would have been overlapped by a small seconds dial in the original pocket watches. The polished steel pencil hands are filled with matching yolk coloured paint, and the whole dial is magnified by the high domed plexiglass crystal, subtly etched with a ‘G’ in the centre. The engraved screw-down crown is heavily ridged and wears quite large relative to the 28mm cushion case, recalling the tool watches that inspired it.
- 28mm Stainless steel case custom milled in Tokyo
- High-grade quartz movement made in Japan by Seiko Epson Corp.
- Screw-down engraved crown
- Egg yolk yellow heavily painted hand and dial markers
- Pad printed black painted brass dial
- Pierced bombe lugs
- Quadruple-screwed engraved bubble case back
- Domed plexiglass acrylic crystal
- ‘G’ logo engraving in centre of crystal
- Polished steel pencil hands
- Supplied on an 18mm stainless steel ‘Excalibur’ style expanding bracelet, with spare links for larger wrists provided
- Removable spring bars allow strap to be changed
- 6 months limited international warranty
- Packaged in a printed map box with protective foam insert and warranty card
- Additional straps are available from the strap shop